- Comment on Does Windows Have An Equivalent To Linux's Cronjobs?:
Windows 10 should still have Windows Task Scheduler. You might need to add it as a feature in the control panel.
- 1 week ago to Tech | 0 comments
- 1 month ago to Tech | 1 comment
- Comment on Truth Social migrates to Rumble cloud, Trump platform ready to onboard millions:
So it's still running on fojorked mastogong, but just now running on Rumble servers?
- Comment on YikYak - Big News!:
I stopped using YikYak when they started requiring phone number verification. It's interesting that they disappeared and reformed. No android app?!
I dunno. I'm kinda over it. I doubt they could get that userbase back globally. Without it, the app would only be useful in some cities. I wonder if the original ran bots to keep people interested.
- 2 months ago to Tech | 1 comment
- 4 months ago to Politics | 0 comments
- 5 months ago to Tech | 1 comment
- Comment on New studies show a booster dose is essential. Our policies should change accordingly.:
Ah yes, let's keep doing the thing we did before that didn't work. Also, none of the referenced studies appear to be studies, but CDC reports.
I've always drawn a hard distinction between government white papers and journalistic studies, because there often isn't a peer review process at all for government and industry whitepapers.
This just seems like fear mongering bullshit. Going through the actual tables, the numbers look as if there are vast gaps and differences in outcomes, but it also looks like it could be statistically insignificant.
Without actual controls and wide spread tracking, I question the significance of any of these numbers, or why one should even take the risk of more experimental, emergency use medication, when the latest strains don't seem to be anywhere near as deadly.
- Comment on Have any of y'all used GETTR?:
It's crap. There's zero discovery. You can't see any type of global feed, either real-time or curated. The whole point is to follow big names, and then maybe follow people who reply to those big names. It's a pretty shit experience.
There have also been reports from Rogan and others that they have bots that artificially inflate follow counts; so there's a good chance it's the Ashley Madison of right-leaning social networks.
Also the interview with the guy who runs it on Tim Pool shows he has no idea what he's doing ..he's less competent than the Gab dude, which is telling.
I have an account to self promote, but I don't really want to put in the time to get arbitrary followers.
- Comment on Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device:
Wow .. I didn't think Activision could get any worse, but I was wrong.
- 5 months ago to Tech | 0 comments
- 5 months ago to Politics | 0 comments
- Comment on Is something going on on Reddit?:
There have been several slow burns on Reddit. You use to be able to get rational voices at the bottom with -50 downvotes, but all that is gone.
I know there are subs targeting people who have never used said subs, just for posting in /r/conspiracy and /r/locldownscepticism. I'm surprised neither has been banned yet.
- Comment on American teachers and nurses don't have a union?:
They have TONS of unions, spread all across the US. Many of them are corrurpt. Have you seen the movie "Waiting for Superman"? It is a pretty good exposition on how teachers unions in a lot of school districts that are difficult to hire for (inner-city mostly) benefit the teachers at the great expense of all students.
I saw the same in my years in Chicago (and Lori Lightfoot gave into their terrible demands that will drain the city of money and resources).
- 5 months ago to Tech | 1 comment
- Comment on People on alt-platforms shouldn't complain about censorship from big tech:
The trouble is, most people aren't on alt-platforms. They'd be terrified of 4chan, they wouldn't begin to understand the fediverse, and they don't even know how the hell e-mail works!
We've come full circle to the days of AOL Keywords. The difference is, people used AOL and Netscape as toys. Facebook/Insta/Twatter are connected to peoples' lives .. which is ... sad, yes, but a reality for way too many people.
They don't know how to look for censorship and do not understand what is really happening. So should we be encouraging people to use alternative platforms, and what will their reaction be when they login to a fedi instance and see a ton of gas-the-jews posts from poa.st?